This week’s Saturday Night Live opened with Aidy Bryant—sporting braids and unfortunate facial hair, while balancing rollaway luggage and a pina colada—mocking Republican Sen. Ted Cruz for jetting off to Cancun while his home state of Texas is in the throes of a crisis that has left millions without power and dozens dead.
Later in the night, the “Weekend Update” team of Colin Jost and Michael Che continued to pile on Cruz.
“Well, if you hate Ted Cruz, this was a pretty fun week. And if you like Ted Cruz, you’re Ted Cruz,” cracked Jost, further describing how his “face is slowly being reclaimed by nature.” Then Che chimed in: “Cruz would’ve returned from Mexico even sooner but it took him like forty minutes to get out of a hammock.”
- SNL Destroys Marjorie Taylor Greene’s Batshit Transphobia
- John Oliver Unloads on ‘Colossal Asshole’ Andrew Cuomo
- “I can’t stand this I’m unfollowing you now” – Zubby Michael tackles Ini Edo (Screenshot)
- “I can’t stand this” – Zubby Michael tackles Ini Edo (Screenshot)
- The Off-the-Shoulder Top Is Back, and Vaccine-Jab Ready