Sophie Wessex has paid a royal visit to Orbis UK, a blindness prevention charity in order to launch their Surgical Fund Appeal.
The fundraiser will support surgery specialisms in Ethiopia, Bangladesh and Nepal, and assist to identify trachoma surgery cases and routine screenings.
It will also assist patients with the costs of travelling to hospitals for treatment and fund 17,000 eye operations.
Until 31 December 2021, Orbis Ambassador Sunil Ruia will be matching all donations to the charity up to £100,000.
The Countess of Wessex is a Global Ambassador for the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness and has previously travelled with the charity to India and Bangladesh.
- Despite Excessive Bleaching, Bobrisky Publicly Mocked For Having Dark Legs |Photos
- ‘We’ve Been Pushed To The Wall’ – ASUU Hints When Lecturers Will Start Strike
- APC: FG Borrowing To Uplift Living Standards Of Nigerians
- Kim Kardashian rocks head-to-toe leather outfit to New York Fashion Week (photos)
- Lekki Shooting: No Gunshot Wound Reported From Hospitals Where Victims Were Treated – Police