Sahara Reporters publisher, Omoyele Sowore has revealed that he and others who were to appear before an Abuja Magistrate Court on Monday have been sent to Kuje Prison.
Concise News had earlier reported that Sowore was set to be arraigned before the Magistrate Court after he was arrested for staging a Revolution Now protest.
The protest was staged on December 31, 2020, leading to his arrest by the Nigerian authorities.
In a tweet he shared on Monday, Sowore revealed that he currently has a broken nose but is “undaunted until liberation is attained.”
He said, “We are currently at the Magistrate Court in Wuse Zone 2 with a broken nose. Police want us sent to prison after five days in cruel detention. Just rest assured we solid and undaunted until full liberation is attained! # RevolutionNow.”
Sowore has now revealed that he will be kept in Kuje Prison for the next 24 hours.
“We have been sent to The infamous Kuje Prison for the next 24 hours while they plot their next moves. But we are very resolute and convinced that this year will be different for the tyrant!” he tweeted.
- Chioma breaks silence following reports about crashed relationship with Davido
- Falana Knocks Army Over Illegal Detention Of Man For Facebook Videos
- Falana Tackles Army Over Man’s Seven-Month Detention For Facebook Videos
- Joe Biggs, Proud Boys organizer arrested and charged in Capitol riot
- Smuggling ringleaders get decades in prison for lorry migrant deaths