Like every major late-night host except Jimmy Kimmel, Stephen Colbert was on vacation last week, which meant he missed out on the height of the Matt Gaetz sex-trafficking scandal. But with new developments unfolding every single day, the Late Show host caught up in earnest Wednesday night. And he did not hold back.
Colbert began with the “blanket pardon” Rep. Gaetz (R-FL) reportedly sought from Donald Trump, joking, “Oh, I don’t think the blanket wants a pardon. I think it wants to be burned. It’s seen too much.”
“Gaetz wanted a preemptive pardon for any illegal activity he’s ever done, like innocent people do,” the host continued. “And he had reason to believe he might get that pardon because of his close relationship to the former president.”
- The Matt Gaetz Problem That GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy Wishes Would Just Go Away
- Matt Gaetz’s Wingman Paid Dozens of Young Women—and a 17-Year-Old
- Criss Waddle Begs President Akufo-Addo To Pardon Akuapem Poloo
- Drama as man catches his girlfriend with another man in his own village after she lied about being in school
- Russia Says US Troop Pullout From Afghanistan Risks ‘Escalation’ – Newspot