Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA), the number two Republican in the House, still refuses to concede that the 2020 presidential election was not stolen, insisting on Sunday morning that “there were a few states that didn’t follow their state laws.”
Scalise, fresh off his Mar-a-Lago trip to visit with former President Donald Trump, appeared on ABC News’ This Week on Sunday and was eventually pressed about whether he felt the twice-impeached ex-president bore any responsibility for the Jan. 6 insurrectionist Capitol riot.
Airing comments from House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy last month denouncing Trump for his role in inciting a mob of MAGA supporters to stop Congress from certifying President Joe Biden’s election, host Jonathan Karl wondered aloud if Scalise asked Trump if he’d take any responsibility.
- GOP Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson Says ‘I Would Not Support’ Trump Run in 2024
- De Blasio admits NYC was too quick to close Trump-run ice rinks
- NY Prosecutors Are Looking at Don Jr. In Trump Biz Probe
- Tucker Can’t Seem to Find QAnon: ‘It’s Not Even a Website!’
- Jimmy Kimmel Roasts Rudy Giuliani Over Silly Dominion Lawsuit-Dodging