The Governor of Ebonyi State, Dave Umahi, who had defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC), has replied those criticizing him for cozying up to President Muhammadu Buhari, insisting that Ebonyi State is all the better for his national politics.
Newspot recalls that the Governor, who was elected under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), recently wished that God will give Nigeria a president “who has a good heart like President Muhammadu Buhari for the good of this country” in 2023.
Umahi had made the statement while addressing State House correspondents after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Aso Villa in Abuja.
In a veiled reference to Umahi, the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, at a stakeholders’ meeting in Port Harcourt on Wednesday, said his colleague had lied, adding that the President himself knows that God won’t give the country another leader like him in 2023.
But Umahi, while doubling down on his stance at a dinner organized by the Ebonyi State Government in honour of former Army chief, Turkur Buratai Sunday evening, expressed readiness to debate with any PDP Governor who feels he has delivered more democracy dividends to his citizens than his administration.
According to him, “When I say I have no apologies, you can talk everything about me but you cannot say we have not delivered and so when people open their mouths in PDP to talk about APC.
“They should know that I belong to APC and if they like, let PDP offer any of their best Governors to come for debate with me and I will defeat any of them, not to be talking and talking. You don’t sit on people’s sweat and resources and be talking nonsense.
“We have no regrets taking our people to the center. We have always played at the center, we are not playing party politics, we are playing politics that will be an advantage to our people, criticize me, no problems but we need resources, we need friendship with the center.”
- We Will Back You For 2023 Presidency – Kano Speaker Tells Tinubu
- Time To Declare Bandits As Terrorists – State Assembly Speakers Tell Buhari
- Buhari To ASUU: Our Universities Can’t Withstand Another Strike
- Nigerians React As Adamu Garba Praises Buhari For Taking Care Of Nnamdi Kanu
- Zulum: All IDP Camps In Maiduguri To Be Shut By December 31
Subscribe to Get More News via Email
- Find out the truth – the tuple report will be released on Wednesday
- Bitcoin charges $ 64,000 as Tesla ATH pushes Elon Musk to $ 250 billion in net worth
- MacOS Monterey deployment now: how to download
- Iranian governor slapped during speech by another Govt official (Video)
- Iris Scanning Worldcoin Idea Fuels Objections From Privacy Advocates — Snowden Says ‘Don’t Catalog Eyeballs’