Popular media personality, Toke Makinwa has advised people against using words of endearment with others.
The media personality took to her Twitter account on Friday to educate her followers on the proper way to use endearing words.
Makinwa noted that she cringes whenever she hears a younger person or a complete stranger address her as “dear”.
In her words;
“Nothing makes me cringe as much as hearing a younger person use “dear” to address me,even worse if we are not friendly, stop using endearing words for people who are not in your circle, who is your “dear”? Use my name or just say hello/hi, you don’t know me that well.
“I am not so big on respect but if there’s a good 15 years between us and I am not your buddy, just say hi/hello or use my name, endearments are sometimes too familiar or is it the African in me jumping out, I’m open to this discussion”
See the tweet below:
The post “Stop Using Endearing Words For People Who Are Not In Your Circle” – Toke Makinwa appeared first on Information Nigeria.
- Who Is Maya Harris, Kamala’s Sister? She’s One of Kamala’s Most Trusted Advisers
- Vanessa Bryant Calls Out Meek Mill Over His Disrespectful Rap About Kobe Bryant
- Vanessa Bryant Slams Meek Mill’s ‘Disrespectful’ Kobe Lyric!!
- Emmanuel Ikubese’s A D*ck Available To Every Lekki Actress – Blog Alleges
- Davido recalls days of hardship, living without money