A yet to be identified secondary school student was caught with a locally made gun she allegedly planned to use in shooting her teacher.
WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that the girl, a student of Government Secondary School in Ikot Ewa, Cross River State, was asked by a teacher to cut her coloured hair and she was allegedly angered by this.
Subsequently, she arrived at school with a gun.
Soldiers were invited after the student was caught with the gun, as seen in photos shared online.
In other news, the management of Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education (AIFCE) has confirmed the death of a senior lecturer, simply identified as Mr Echetama, who slumped and died in a lecture hall on Tuesday.
The Acting Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the college, Mr Joseph Okwulehi, who confirmed the death to newsmen in his office on Wednesday, said the management has advised the staff and students of the institution to be calm and wait for the official position of the institution on the issue.
“I can confirm to you that a senior lecturer slumped in a classroom on Tuesday and was confirmed dead at the Federal Medical Center (FMC), Owerri.
The post Student Caught And Arrested For Taking Gun To School To Shoot Her Teacher In Akwa Ibom appeared first on Within Nigeria.
- Paul Flores Taken Into Custody in Connection With Kristin Smart Case
- FCE Bichi staff members begin one-week warning strike
- Police refute rumoured kidnap of students of Plateau University
- Beloved High School Basketball Coach Killed Trying to Rob Mexican Drug Cartel, Sheriff Says
- Nigerian student begs for money online after spending all her cash on birthday celebration