By James Ogunnaike
Students of United Comprehensive High School, Wasimi in Ewekoro Local Government Area of Ogun State on Thursday morning, blocked the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway.
The students in their hundreds were said to be protesting the death of one of them who was allegedly knocked down and killed in front of the school by a moving truck.
They prevented vehicles from both sides of the road, as they created barricades along the expressway to express their anger.
An eyewitness said, “motorists plying the road were not allowed to go about their businesses”.
The development made the travellers from both Lagos and Abeokuta ends of the road stranded for hours.
A source who works around the area said, “It was the students of United Comprehensive High school that were turning vehicles back and did not allow vehicles to ply the road.”
The post Students protest, block highway over colleague’s death in Ogun appeared first on Vanguard News.
- Close to 550 Students In Zamfara School Abduction Are Missing – Teacher
- Kagara Abduction And Other Major Kidnapping That Has Rocked Nigeria In 2021
- Breaking: Seven Of 317 Female Students Abducted In Zamfara Escape Abductors
- 317 Girls Kidnapped From Government College In Zamfara – Police – Newspot
- LAUTECH ‘Lecturer’s’ Sex Tape Leaks