Yoruba Nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo also known as Sunday Igboho, has been arrested in Cotonou, Benin Republic. He was arrested at an airport in Cotonou on Monday night, according to The Punch.
Igboho was arrested by the security forces in Benin Republic about three weeks after the Department of State Services declared him wanted for allegedly stockpiling arms, an allegation he has since denied.
Igboho will be repatriated to Nigeria on Tuesday (today) from Benin Republic, one of Nigeria’s neighbouring countries in the West African sub region.
Recall the Federal Government of Nigeria had placed the Nigeria Immigration Service and the Nigeria Customs Service on alert to stop Igboho from leaving the country.
- Benin Republic File Fresh Charges Against Sunday Igboho
- Sunday Igboho to Benin court: “I fled Nigeria to avoid being killed”
- Benin Republic Court Orders Igboho Back To Cell
- Buratai Visits Benin Republic President Amid Igboho Saga (See Photos)
- EDITORIAL: Now That Kanu, Igboho Have Been Arrested, What Next?