Political activist, Omoyele Sowore, has condemned the arrest of Yoruba freedom fighter, Sunday Adeyemo also known as Sunday Igboho.
Naija News had earlier reported that Sunday Igboho was arrested in Cotonou, Benin Republic.
He was arrested at the Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport on Monday night while attempting to flee to Germany, a top source familiar with the matter revealed.
Igboho was arrested by the security forces in Benin Republic about three weeks after the Department of State Services declared him wanted for allegedly stockpiling arms, an allegation he has since denied.
Reacting in a post on his Twitter page, Sowore stated that there is no crime in asking for self-determination.
He called on all oppressed Nigerians to unite against a government that pampers bandits and terrorists.
“#FreesundayIgboho: The arrest of Sunday Igboho in Cotonou by the Beninese authorities was orchestrated by tyrant Muhammadu Buhari,” Sowore wrote.
“No crime asking for self-determination. Let’s all oppressed people UNITE. A government that pampers bandits and terrorists! #BuhariMustGo #RevolutionNow.”
This article was originally published on Nigeria News
- Sunday Igboho to Benin court: “I fled Nigeria to avoid being killed”
- Buratai asked for Igboho to be handed over to him but was told Benin Republic follow the rule of law – Falana
- What Will Happen If Sunday Igboho Is Released Now – Lawyer
- Igboho To Benin Court: I Fled Nigeria To Avoid Being Killed
- Buratai Visits Benin Republic President Amid Igboho Saga (See Photos)