There is tension in Warri, Delta State after an armed security operative at the Okere Prison allegedly shot dead a young man who visited his friend in at the prison.
It was gathered that the security operative shot the victim who was there to see his friend in the prison.
A source told SaharaReporters that the victim had taken some tomatoes and other food items along but correctional officials found cocaine among the items with him.
The man was arrested and interrogated but met his end when he attempted to escape.
“There’s panic in Okere prison in Warri as a Prison Armed Squad shot dead a visitor this afternoon. The visitor was said to have come to visit his friend when the incident happened.
“With what visitors witnessed outside, the person came with tomatoes and some food items. And, in course of conducting their usual routine search on him, they discovered cocaine in the items. The visitor was thereafter subjected to further interrogation,” the source said.
“But when he discovered that trouble loomed, he started running. One of the prison’s armed squad members present shot him in the leg. But while the person was still crawling, he shot him a second time and that killed him instantly.”
Following the shooting of the visitor, residents have flooded the streets to protest.
- ‘Avenge Her Murder’: The Grisly Killing of an Ex-Diplomat’s Daughter Ignites a Wave of Fury Worldwide
- Gunmen Kill 14 In Attack On Niger Republic Village – Newspot
- With Over 10 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer?
- Bandits kill two, kidnap over 100 passengers in Sokoto
- Police Arrest 5 Sodomites For Gang-Raping Boy In Kano