Last summer, one week after the killing of George Floyd, the D.C. National Guard horrified human-rights groups by intimidating protesters in the capital by flying helicopters 50 feet above their heads on the city’s streets.
On Wednesday, a redacted investigative U.S. Army report into the incident not only condemned the flights as a misuse of medical aircraft—it also showed Guard troops celebrating their overly aggressive tactics, which witnesses said created a deafening noise and sent shards of glass through the air.
The investigation, reported by The Washington Post, uncovered texts between Brig. Gen. Robert K. Ryan, who oversaw the controversial mission, and an unnamed subordinate on June 1 as videos of the low-flying choppers spread on social media and cable news. It came hours after tear gas was used to break up crowds of protesters near St. John’s Episcopal Church to allow Donald Trump to stage a Bible-clutching photo-op at the site.
- Floyd Mayweather Gives Jake Paul A Black Eye After He Snatches Hat From His Head!!
- [Lyrics] Killertunes – Bite Me
- Southern Charm’s Madison LeCroy & Austen Kroll Hang Out Five Months After Their Breakup!
- Patrick Schwarzenegger Takes After Daddy & Gets RIPPED With 50-Day Program!
- How BBNaija Taught Me To Ignore People – Alex Unusual