“We have a weak spot for the misfits. The shabby ones. Because they add so much more soul than perfect, gracious-looking animals,” says Mothmeister.
The Belgian duo has amassed a large Instagram following (287K and counting) posting their eerie, otherworldly creations—macabre figures, made via taxidermy, vintage masks, and secondhand Victorian costumes. They were inspired by the work of Walter Potter, an English taxidermist specializing in dioramas, and aim to create “fairy-tale-like storytelling” that disturbs and enthralls.
Mothmeister’s new book, Mothmeister: Dark and Dystopian Post-Mortem Fairy Tales, is available now from Lannoo Publishers, and saw the artists travel around to abandoned areas like Pyramiden or the disaster zone around Chernobyl.
- Olamide’s YBNL Is The Only Original Record Label Left In The Music Industry (See Why)
- Aaliyah Was Carried UNCONSCIOUS Onto The Plane That Killed Her, Says Witness
- Aaliyah’s Uncle Barry Hankerson Is Reviving His Old Record Label As ‘Blackground Records 2.0’ (Exclusive)
- Marriage Is Overrated – Actress Iheme Nancy
- WWE Smackdown: John Cena’s sweet gesture towards a top female superstar proves why he is a fan-favorite. Check who this female superstar is!