It is Paris Fashion Week, where the ultra-rich and influential bravely bury themselves in layers of tulle and watch haute couture parade down runways. But nearly 5,000 miles away, an even richer group of people are dressing up at the Sun Valley Mogul Conference. And for people whose extreme wealth represents America’s moral stain, they sure could pick better clothes.
Let’s start with the obvious: there is a lot of Succession cosplay going on. It should not be surprising that a lot of power players are dressing like the fictional media scions in HBO’s hit show. The series’ costume design has been dissected at length; The New Yorker’s Rachel Syme called the characters’ “expensive but inconspicuous” outfits as “subtle codes of class and power.” Michelle Matland, the show’s costume designer, described the show’s main family, the Roys, as “anti bling.”
“Of course, they’re going to be buying expensive accessories and clothes, but they don’t need to posture. It may be a $2,000 pullover sweater but it doesn’t need to have a logo on it to represent where they’re coming from. They know who they are. They’re already established,” Matland told Town & Country.
- R&B Singer K Michelle Celebrates Booty Removal Surgery – By Joining ONLYFANS! (Pics)
- Queen Naija Claps Back After Fans Suggest She Shows Favoritism To Her Younger Son Over The Way She Dresses Him
- Olympic Boss Wanted Flame Lit by ‘Pure Japanese’ Ex-Yankee Player, Not Osaka
- Camilla Parker Bowles’ Nephew Reportedly Sold ‘Access’ to Prince Charles
- Expensive Lagos apartment with small window serving as front door (Photo)