Netflix’s This Is a Robbery gives us a thrilling and thorough breakdown of the infamous 1990 Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum art heist in Boston. The weekend of St. Patrick’s Day, two men disguised as police officers broke into the Gardner Museum and stole $500 million worth of artwork, including rare pieces by Vermeer, Rembrandt, Manet, and other legendary artists. 30 years later, the case remains unsolved, and the artwork is still missing. We don’t know about the pieces’ whereabouts, but there have been plausible theories about who stole the art at the Gardner Museum. Read ahead for the leading theories that the true-crime docuseries explores!
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition: A detailed look at visual enhancements to the celebrated trilogy
- Watch Octavia Spencer Hilariously Re-Create Melissa McCarthy’s Most Iconic Bridesmaids Line
- Jamie and Corinne Foxx Have One of the Cutest Father-Daughter Bonds In Hollywood
- 15 College Movies to Watch on Netflix While You Procrastinate in the Library
- The Serpent: Why Did Charles Sobhraj Return to Nepal After 6 Years as a Free Man?