Golf star Tiger Woods was pulled from the twisted wreckage of a car crash early Tuesday morning, the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department said in a statement.
Woods was traveling through the Rolling Hills Estates and Rancho Palos Verdes neighborhoods, near Long Beach, at about 7:12 a.m. PT when his SUV crashed and rolled over. He was the sole occupant, the sheriff’s department said.
The car sustained such major damage that crews needed to use “jaws of life” machinery to pry open the wreck and pull him out.
Got a tip? Send it to The Daily Beast here
- Why I love Chelsea – Romelu Lukaku
- Tiger Woods ‘Awake, Responsive, And Recovering’ After Surgery Due To Car Crash
- This is how Barack Obama, Mike Tyson, and others reacted to Tiger Woods’ horrific accident
- Tiger Woods is awake, with rod, screws, bolts, pins holding shattered leg together
- How Progressives Are Building Power in the Biden White House