Tragedy as a 28-year-old suspected pipeline vandal identified Abu Shehu reportedly lost his life while trying ti siphon fuel from a vandalized NNPC pipeline in Gwacipe village, Gurara local government area in Niger state.
This was contained in a statement released today, July 7 by the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Wasiu Abiodun.
According to the PPRO, police operatives attached to G/Babangida division intercepted Abu who was suspected to have vandalized one of the NNPC pipeline in the village and was scooping PMS products from a dugout pit.
Wasiu said Abu became unconscious while in the excavated hole. The police rushed him to the hospital where he was confirmed dead.
The police spokesperson said two accomplices of the deceased, Ibrahim Musa and Sani Musa both of Gwacipe village were arrested and will be charged to court soon.
In a related story, WITHIN NIGERIA reported that no fewer than 16 people have been arrested by the Niger State Police Command after one of its patrol vehicles was set ablazed in an attack.
This was revealed by the State Commissioner of Police, Alhaji Adamu Usman while addressing newsmen at the command’s headquarters.
The post Tragedy as suspected pipeline vandal dies while siphoning fuel from a burst pipeline in Nigeria appeared first on Within Nigeria.
- Pastor Arrested For Allegedly Raping His Co-pastor’s 11-Year-old Daughter In Imo
- Police arrest 21-year-old man for allegedly sodomizing underaged boys in Anambra
- Brothers arrested for gang-raping their 13-year-old cousin
- Traditional ruler arrested for allegedly defiling his daughter in Ogun state (photo)
- Just In: Former GMD NNPC, Joseph Dawha, Is Dead