The late-night shows have found a new favorite target: Ted Cruz, the bumbling Republican senator from Texas who appears far more interested in helping incite a coup or tweeting about “cancel culture” than helping those in his home state who are without power or clean water following cold weather storms that knocked out Texas’ power grid, leaving millions without electricity and dozens dead.
Cruz, in his infinite wisdom, took it upon himself to fly to Cancun during the humanitarian crisis to get some vacation time in with his family at the Ritz-Carlton. When he was caught in the act and ridiculed for it, the politician flew back, and proceeded to blame the entire episode on his wife and daughters.
On Monday night, The Daily Show’s Trevor Noah waded into the mucky Cruz waters, exploring how the former preppy Princeton student who now cosplays as a cowboy is trying to improve his image in the wake of the ridiculous, self-imposed scandal.
- Colbert’s ‘Tooning Out the News’ Pivots to Attack Biden in Season 2
- This Is ‘Not OK’: Trevor Noah Tears Into Andrew Cuomo
- Trevor Noah Disgusted by Andrew Cuomo’s Creepy Kiss Photo
- Sterling K. Brown and Susan Kelechi Watson’s Golden Globes Reunion Made My Whole Night
- Sacha Baron Cohen Brutally Mocks Rudy Giuliani in Golden Globes Speech