Nigeria troops in an operation at Banki Junction road around Pulka axis in Borno State have killed Boko Haram notorious commanders, Abul-Bas and Ibn Habib.
It was gathered that Abul-Bas and Ibn Habib, the two commanders, belonged to the Shekau faction of Boko Haram, with bases in Sambisa forest and environs.
According to PRNigeria, the duo and several other top terrorists have been on intelligence agencies’ watchlist for months.
Abul-Bas and Ibn Habib their bodyguards and other fighters were killed in an ambush at a location between Vuria and Guja settlements.
A military intelligence officer disclosed that troops recovered one GPMG, several AK-47 rifles, belt of ammunition containing rounds of 7.62mm, motorcycles and mobile phones.
The officer said psychologically, the death of Abul-Bas and Ibn Habib has inflicted a big blow to the Boko Haram sect
“It has further boosted the overall fighting spirit and morale of troops in the ongoing Operation Tura Takai Bango.
“The team comprises of a compact ambush team from 121 Battalion and elements of 151 Battalion known as the Gaddafi Squad”, he told PRNigeria on Saturday.
- Boko Haram’s landmine injures TCN staff woking on damaged facilities
- Boko Haram Allegedly Regrouping In Three Nasarawa LGAs
- Shutting down boarding schools is complying with Boko Haram demands – Analyst
- Boko Haram Releases Video Of Children Undergoing Combat Training In A Camp
- Jihadists attack UN base in Borno, trapping 25 aid workers