A week after President Trump unleashed the storming of the U.S. Capitol building, a Texas public health official worried he will now be unleashing COVID-19 with a gathering at the border wall.
“I am very concerned that if there is a crowd without social distancing that there may be transmission,” Dr. Ivan Melendez, the Hidalgo County health authority, told The Daily Beast. “Without masks absolutely.”
If all the many previous Trump events during the pandemic are any indication, Tuesday’s gathering in the town of Alamo—not to be confused with the old Spanish mission 250 miles north where the 1823 battle was fought—will indeed be largely maskless.
Got a tip? Send it to The Daily Beast here
- Republicans Come Crawling Back to Trump Three Weeks After Capitol Riot
- Trump Fumes in His First Weekend Out of Office as Fauci Clowns on Him
- Nigeria Should Prepare For Next Pandemic – Bill Gates
- Rudy Cashed In on ‘The Big Lie’ From Donald Trump, and Now the Bill May Finally Be Coming Due
- He Joined the GameStop Uprising to Screw the Big Guys—and Save His Dog’s Life