Fox News host Tucker Carlson dismissively mocked Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) on Thursday night for describing her experience surviving an insurrectionist riot, belittling the congresswoman’s claims that she “narrowly escaped death” by derisively referring to her as “Sandy.”
At the top of his primetime program on Thursday, Carlson repeated his previous assertions that the deadly Capitol riot that was ignited by President Donald Trump was absolutely not an insurrection, even though the intent of the mob was to prevent Congress from certifying President-elect Joe Biden’s election.
“It was not an act of racism. It was not an insurrection. It wasn’t an armed invasion by a brigade of dangerous white supremacists. It wasn’t. Those are lies,” Carlson exclaimed, even though dozens of suspected white supremacists on the FBI’s terror watch list were reportedly at the riot.
- Biden’s Syria Airstrikes May Feel Like Trump Déjà Vu. Here’s What’s Different.
- Syria: Is There a “Right” in Joe Biden’s Move?
- Jen Psaki Battles Meghan McCain Over ‘Hypocrisy’ of Biden’s Migrant Detention Facilities
- Biden backs ‘independent review’ of Cuomo sexual harassment claims: White House
- ‘Humiliated’ Rioter Jessica Watkins Vows to Ditch the Oath Keepers: ‘Time to Let All of That Go’