The estranged close friend of Melania Trump who wrote a tell-all book has brushed off criticism that she barely knew the first lady.
Earlier this year, Stephanie Winston Wolkoff authored the insider book Melania and Me: The Rise and Fall of My Friendship with the First Lady, which revealed Trump’s beliefs about the children of immigrants separated from their parents at the border, her icy relationship with Ivanka Trump, and her disdain for some ceremonial first lady duties.
On Thursday, Melania Trump released a scathing statement about her former friend, saying Wolkoff “hardly knew me,” and “clung to me” after Donald Trump won the presidency in 2016.
- Trump Says Immigrant Children Separated From Their Parents Are ‘So Well Taken Care of’
- Fox Anchor Pushes Back When Trump Aide Attacks Kristen Welker: ‘She Is Not an Activist’
- Seth Meyers Roasts Trump’s ‘Cringe-Inducing’ ‘60 Minutes’ Fail
- Mikes to be muted in US presidential debate to stop interruptions
- US Election 2020: Watch Trump and Biden clash over Covid-19, corruption, climate and racism (videos)