The House of Representatives has on Tuesday summoned the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, over the Twitter Ban by the Federal Government.
The Minister had announced the ban on Friday, saying the platform was being used to threaten Nigeria’s cooperate existence.
At its sitting on Tuesday, the House mandated its committees on communication, justice, information and culture, and national security and intelligence to immediately commence an investigation into the suspension of the microblogging site.
Meanwhile, lawmakers of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, staged a walkout after their demand for the House to tell the Federal Government to suspend the ban was rejected by Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila.
More to follow…
- FG threatens to suspend Facebook, WhatsApp in Nigeria
- I Was Arrested For Having Twitter And VPN On My Phone In Ibadan – Tomiwa Oni
- ECOWAS Court Stops Buhari Govt From Prosecuting People For Using Twitter
- Police Display Weapons, Charms Recovered From IPOB
- BBNaija Star Alex Unusual Names Factor That Leads To Failed Marriage