Ghana will play Cameroon in the quarter-finals at the ongoing U20 African Cup of Nations in Mauritania after losing to Gambia in the last group game.
The Black Satellites suffered a painful 2-1 defeat to the Young Scorpions on Monday, February 22, 2021, at the Stade Municipal Nouadhibou.
The draw means Ghana finished third in Group C with four points, level with Gambia but below on head-to-head, and will qualify to the next stage as a third best-placed team.
Morocco is three points above the two after picking a 3-0 win over Tanzania in the other group game.
Abdul Fatawu IssahaKu opened the scoring with another sensational strike in the 9th minute. The 16-year-old cut the ball onto his favourite left foot and curled it beautifully into the net outside the box.
The Gambians pulled the equalizer in the 16th minute through Kajally Drammeh, who headed in freely, meeting a cross from the right side if attack.
The Young Scorpions had the winner in the 34th minute through a free-kick. Lamarana Jallow fired in at the far post with the aid of an error from Ibrahim Danlad.
Abdul Karim Zito will have two days to make the necessary corrections before the game against Cameroon on Thursday.
The post U20 AFCON: Ghana plays Cameroon in quarter-finals after defeat to Gambia appeared first on Newzandar News.
- U20 AFCON: Ghana against Cameroon will be interesting tomorrow—Karim Zito
- 2020/2021 Europa League Round Of 16 (Fixtures)
- Rainbow Six Siege cross-play and cross-progression still coming, but not to PC
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2021 | MAH vs DEL Dream 11 Preview: In-form Delhi to face off Maharashtra in crucial fixture, follow LIVE updates
- Guardiola admires ‘Buddha-like’ calm of Moyes, AncelottiSport — Newspot – Nigeria and World News