The Commander of 34 Artillery Brigade of the Nigeria Army, Obinze, Brigadier General Raymond Osoha, has said that a large number of security personnel were killed in the South-East of the country because of insecurity the ravaged the zone.
Just In: DSS Operatives Storms Adoration Ministry, Summon Father Mbaka To Abuja
At a media parley organised by the Commissioner of Police Imo State, held on Saturday at the Senior Police Officers Mess, the Commander said that Nigerian Police Force lost 78 policemen, while the Nigeria Army lost 38 soldiers.
According to him, five naval officers lost their lives, seven Air Force personnel were killed, while NSCDC and Local Community Policing Network lost 15 and 31 members respectively.
Soldier Stabs DSS Operative To Death for Trying to Help a Boy They Labeled a ‘Yahoo Boy’ in Ekiti
He said that the current insecurity problem the nation is facing required societal approach and should not to be left in the hands of the security officials alone.
The Brigade Commander said that soldiers in the course of protecting the people and the society stayed under the sun, and rain.
News – Centapost
The post Unknown Gunmen: 38 Soldiers, 78 Policemen, Others Killed In South-Eastern Region — Army Commander appeared first on Newzandar News.
- I Have First-hand Experience In War, Can Fight Insecurity In Nigeria – Chief of Army Staff, Faruk Yahaya
- Insecurity: Hire hundreds of Nigerians into security forces — Aisha tells Buhari
- Reps Screen Chief Of Army Staff – Newspot
- IPOB/ESN Didn’t Kill Any Soldier In Abia – Nigerian Army
- Insecurity: Aisha Buhari Calls For Recruitment Of More Security Operatives