By Dirisu Yakubu
A military aircraft King Air 350 has just crashed, short of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja runway after reporting engine failure en route to Minna.
The plane belonging to the Nigerian Air Force (NAF201), a B350 aircraft departed Abuja at 1033UTC with 6 persons on board including two crew.
SEE VIDEO HERE: VANGUARDLIVETV
Aircraft reported engine failure at time 1039 and crashed landed on the final approach path of Abuja Runway 22 at time 10:48UTC.
Fire services are already at the scene of the accident as all 6 persons onboard are fear dead.
James Odaudu, Director, Press and Public Affairs, Federal Ministry of Aviation confirmed the incident to our correspondent.
The post UPDATED: Military aircraft crash-lands in Abuja, 8 persons feared dead appeared first on Vanguard News.
- Officials Probe ‘Foul Play’ After Crash of Military Plane Close to Finding Abducted Nigerian Schoolboys
- Army nabs 6 military imposters in Asaba
- Cultists kill bricklayer in Delta
- You left me, our 2 sons just like that; thank you, wife of late Flight Sgt Olawunmi laments
- Military High Command confirm liberation of Matre from Boko Haram