Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodinma has called for the establishment of a special fund to compensate the south-east over the devastation of the zone during the civil war.
Uzodimma spoke in Owerri, Imo state capital, on Wednesday while declaring open a zonal public hearing on the review of the revenue allocation sharing formula.
The event was organised by the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC).
Also Read: Uzodinma’s Wife Not Abducted —Imo Govt
The governor stated that if created, the special fund would provide succour to those who lost their properties and family members during the civil war.
“I think the debacles of the civil war led the south-east into a deep poverty level; houses were burnt down, people were killed,” Uzodinma said.
“Only recently, a special law was enacted as the North-East Development Commission, arising from the disaster of Boko Haram incidents. But the 30-month civil war that ended in 1970 left the south-east in a state of penury.”
The post Uzodinma To FG: Compensate South-East For Civil War Losses appeared first on Information Nigeria.
- Igbo group instructs Uzodinma to prepare for killings in Imo
- APC Chieftain Reveals How IPOB Can Secure Kanu’s Release
- IPOB To Lock Down South-East If Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Released By November 4
- ‘Buhari’s Army Only Mighty On Paper, Steal And Sell Weapons To Terrorists’
- Gen Buratai commends President Buhari for ‘defeating’ Boko Haram
Subscribe to Get More News via Email
- Find out the truth – the tuple report will be released on Wednesday
- Bitcoin charges $ 64,000 as Tesla ATH pushes Elon Musk to $ 250 billion in net worth
- MacOS Monterey deployment now: how to download
- Iranian governor slapped during speech by another Govt official (Video)
- Iris Scanning Worldcoin Idea Fuels Objections From Privacy Advocates — Snowden Says ‘Don’t Catalog Eyeballs’