The Black Starlets have been eliminated from the ongoing WAFU U-17 tournament in Togo at the group stages after losing 3-1 to Ivory Coast in the last group game on Tuesday.
This means Ben Fukuo’s side has forfeited qualification to U-17 AFCON to be held in Morocco later this year.
Having drawn their first game against Nigeria, the Starlets needed a draw to progress to the semi-finals of the competition but has failed with the defeat.
The Ivorians opened the scoring in the 10th minute through Abdramane Konate after pouncing on a loose ball at Ghana’s defensive area.
Two minutes into the second half, Charles Likpa scored the second goal for the Young Elephants, but John Batigi pulled one back for the Starlets in the 51st minute.
Cederick Emmanuel Don scored the third goal from the spot for Cote D’Ivoire in the 68th minute after the referee award the penalty controversially.
The win sends Cote D’Ivoire through to the semi-finals of the tournament with 6 points. Nigeria also qualifies with 1 point. While Ghana bows out of the tournament with 1 point.
The post WAFU U-17: Ghana suffers early elimination after defeat to Ivory Coast appeared first on Newzandar News.
- Toyota Thailand Open 2021 Semi-final: Satwik, Shetty lose in Last 4, now Satwik -Ponnappa eye finals berth in Mixed; follow Live
- Ronaldo Celebrates Fourth Title In Italy After Winning Italian Super Cup
- Toyota Thailand Open 2021 Semi-final LIVE Streaming: Ponnappa-Satwiksairaj eye finals berth; Check full schedule and results
- Pressure mounts on Zidane as Madrid lose to third-tier Alcoyano
- Former Super Eagles Goalkeeper Joe Erico Is Dead