Derby County manager, Wayne Rooney, has predicted that Manchester United will challenge Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool for the Premier League title this season [2021/22 campaign] after signing Jadon Sancho this summer.
Rooney also urged Sancho that he should expect a lot of pressure at Old Trafford because he is a player that scores goals and creates chances.
The Manchester United legend believes Sancho is a ‘very good signing’ for Man United, adding that
Wayne Rooney explains why he snubbed Man Utd fans during preseason clash with Derby
“He [Sancho] scores goals, creates goals, so I think it’s a very good signing,” Rooney told Sky Sports.
“I think there will be a lot of pressure, which there should be with Manchester United.
“Sancho coming in, they are rumoured to be in for a few more players.
“They are in a period now where the fans will be wanting success, silverware, and Ole and his coaching staff will be under pressure to deliver that.
“[Manchester] City, Chelsea the Champions League winners, Liverpool, there are some very good teams, but you can see with Manchester United they are getting gradually better.
- Inter Milan Warn Chelsea After €100m Bid For Lukaku
- TRANSFER NEWS!! Manchester City Make £100m Bid For Aston Villa Midfielder
- Henry Onyekuru joins Olympiacos on four-year-deal
- Premier League: Dean Henderson contracts COVID-19, out of Manchester United training camp
- Kane Skips Spurs Return Amid City Transfer Talk – Newspot