Twitter on Friday, said it had informed Nigerian government that it was ready for open discussion over the suspension of the microblogging and social networking service by the West African country.
It made this known in a statement issued by Twitter Policy, adding that it will continue to advocate for free and open internet everywhere.
”Today marks one week since Twitter was blocked in Nigeria. We have informed the Nigerian government that we are ready to meet for an open discussion to address mutual concerns and see the service restored.”
“We remain advocates for the free and #OpenInternet everywhere. #KeepitOn”, Twitter Policy said.
The statement came two days after Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed said Twitter had reached out to have discussions concerning the ban.
Nigerian News – CorrectNG
The post We are ready to have open discussion with Nigerian government – Twitter appeared first on Newzandar News.
- Twitter Writes FG On Suspension In Nigeria
- Nigerian Lawyer Sues FG, Lai Mohammed, Malami Over Twitter Ban
- Gov Umahi Declares HoS Position Open For Qualified Civil Servants
- Edwin Clark Knocks Buhari Over Insistence On Open Grazing
- Tribe Naija, A New Online Conversation App Debuts In Nigera (Available On Google & iOS Store)