The All Progressives Congress has said it will give former President Goodluck Jonathan the chance to contest in the 2023 presidential election if he joins the party.
This is according to the National Secretary, APC Caretaker, and Extra-ordinary Convention Planning Committee, John Akpanudoedehe.
Akpanudoedehe who spoke on Channels Television’s Politics Today on Wednesday said Jonathan will be granted a founding member status if he eventually joins the party.
Akpanudoedehe said, “I am hearing that for the first time that we are expecting the former President. That will be great news. We will welcome him; that will also strengthen the party.
“The last National Executive Council of the party actually gave a blanket approval to any individual that if you join APC today, it is as if you are a founding member of the party.
“So, anyone who joins today has the same opportunity to run for any office in this party. It has always been so, so I am not speculating,” he added.
Chairman of the Caretaker/ Extra-Ordinary National Convention Planning Committee of the All Progressives Congress, Mai Mala Buni, and some APC governors had unprecedently visited the ex-President in November 2020.
- APC State Congress: Appeal Committee Visits Kwara, Promises Fairness
- Atiku, Tambuwal, Mohammed Show Interest In Contesting 2023 Presidency
- Top Nigerian Newspaper Headlines For Today, Saturday, 23rd October, 2021
- ‘Nnamdi Kanu Is Shining In Buhari’s Prison’ – Adamu Garba – [Photos]
- Ndume: Insecurity Is Reducing… FG Doing Its Best To Tackle Challenges
Subscribe to Get More News via Email
- London Irish stun Exeter for first win of season
- Bitcoin “still bullish” even as BTC price drops to $ 50,000 – analysis
- DMX real estate battle gets even MORE complicated as alleged 15th heir surfaces pretending to be his child
- Man Who Won Over N410m In Lottery Says He Simply Wants To Buy Slippers And Toothbrush
- Man Puts Himself Up For Sale Due To Hardship In The Country