Diehard fans know that there’s a Sex and the City quote for everything. For instance: When HBO Max announced its SATC reboot, And Just Like That…, would debut without Kim Cattrall’s Samantha Jones, I couldn’t help but wonder why they would ever attempt such a foolhardy plan. But then I remembered a quote from the sex-positive sage herself. “Men cheat for the same reason that dogs lick their balls,” Samantha once told her friends. “Because they can.”
As teased in a short video clip, And Just Like That… will reunite SATC fans with Sarah Jessica Parker’s famed New York Star columnist Carrie Bradshaw and her best friends Miranda Hobbes (Cynthia Nixon) and Charlotte York Goldenblatt (Kristin Davis). Based on SJP’s coy Instagram comments and, personal conjecture on the part of this writer, Chris Noth—who played Carrie’s primary love interest Mr. Big—seems likely to return as well.
But Samantha—the Sex and the City character who actually loved sex the most; the loyal friend who once fished a diaphragm out of her friend’s vagina with a fresh manicure; the one person Carrie was able to tell about her affair with Big; the woman who says things like “Nipples are huge right now,” and, “I’m a try-sexual. I’ll try anything once”—will be missing.
- Snoop Dogg’s Secret Push for Trump to Free Death Row Records Co-Founder
- These Are the Top Five MLK Day Mattress Sales to Shop, Now
- Latest U.S. sanctions ‘shameful, insane,’ says Hong Kong
- TikTok user glitterbombs boyfriend’s apartment after he cheats on her
- ‘Destroy Trump’: Breitbart Staffers Seethe After Capitol Riot