These billionaire space missions are vanity, but they’re not just vanity.
Yes, it’s annoying that Richard Branson, the super-rich founder of the Virgin companies—including space firm Virgin Galactic—booked himself on a planned July 11 test flight of Virgin Galactic’s SpaceShipTwo, apparently in a bid to beat another rich guy into near-orbit.
That other rich guy, Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, aims to ride into the upper atmosphere in a New Shepard capsule belonging to his rocket company, Blue Origin… on July 20.
- The Worst Things Bill Barr Did as AG
- Why Is the FBI Ignoring Far-Right Violence Taking Place in the Open?
- Amazon violated labor law in Alabama union election, labor official finds
- Mercy Eke adds Mercedes Benz Convertible to fleet of exotic cars (video)
- Traveling Again? This Suitcase Will Make it Less Stressful