A yet to be identified woman is currently on the run after she abandoned her child at the premises of a Catholic Church in Delta State.
According to reports, the girl believed to be around three years old was found at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Akumazi Umuocha in Ika North East Local Government Area of the state.
Speaking with Ika Weekly Newspaper on Monday, July 19, the Priest in charge of the parish, Rev. Fr. Peter Nwakwu expressed shock over the action of the child’s mother, saying that children are gifts from God and must be well taken care of no matter the circumstances.
Speaking further, Rev. Nwakwu said he went for a meeting at Issele-Uku and was informed about the discovery when he returned. He immediately reported the incident to the Police in Umunede.
The cleric said a police officer was assigned to him and they took the child to Asaba, where she was handed over to an orphanage home.
- CHRISTIANS & MUSLIMS!! Is It A Sin For A Child Of God To Use Condom As Part Of Family Planning?
- Man arrested for brutally beating wife in Delta
- Woman seeking marital breakthrough wears wedding dress to church
- Invest in your future before you invest in Church – Prophet Israel Ogundipe
- Woman ‘Looking For Husband’ Storms Popular Abuja Church Wearing Wedding Dress To Express Her Faith For Her Marital Breakthrough