Two car dealers have been remanded by an Osogbo Magistrates’ Court over an alleged N18 million fraud.
The accused persons; Jasper Edeani, 31 and Tolulope Fatipe, 25 who were arraigned on a four count charge, pleaded not guilty to the allegations.
The duo committed the offence on February 7, 2021 within Osogbo metropolis.
The Police Prosecutor, Inspector Elisha Olusegun told the court that the accused persons conspired among themselves to defraud one Emmanuel Davis of the total sum of N18 million.
He said the accused persons intended to buy 25 cars for the complainant from the United State of America.
The offence committed contravened Sections 422, 516, and 383 and punishable under Section 390 of the criminal code cap 34, vol. 11 Laws of Osun, 2002.
The Defense Counsel, Mr. Dayo Awoyemi prayed the court to grant his clients bail in the most liberal terms, promising to provide reliable sureties.
Magistrate Isola Omisade in his ruling, ordered the remand of the of the accused persons at Ile-Ife Correctional Centre due to the magnitude of their offence
Omisade, however, adjourned the case till February 25, 2021 for consideration of bail.
- Drake Dating 20 Year Old TikTok Star Addison Rae!! (Details)
- EFCC: Ex-Imo Governor, Rochas Okorocha Regains Freedom
- 5 Reasons Twitter Open Their Office In Ghana Instead Of Nigeria (No. 4 Is Very Valid)
- Rochas Okorocha Spends Second Night In EFCC Custody As He Fails To Earn An Administrative Bail
- Bayelsa govt resolves land dispute involving Nigerian Navy