The Chief of Army Staff, Major General Ibrahim Attahiru, has ordered troops of Operation Lafiya Dole in the North-East to recapture Marte and Ngala LGA of Borno State within 48-hour.
Speaking to troops on Sunday in Dikwa, the new CoAS also directed troops to clear Kirenowa, Kirta, Wulgo, Chikingudo communities of Marte and Ngala LGAs in the state.
Attahiru said, “You should rest assured of all support you require in this very onerous task. I have just spoken to the Theatre Commander and the General Officer Commanding 7 Division. You must not let this nation down. Go back and do the needful and I will be right behind you.
“You are aware of the recent attacks on Dikwa and Marte, you should not allow this to happen again, go after them and clear these bastards. Areas around Marte, Chikingudu, Wulgo, Kirenowa, and Kirta must be cleared in the next 48 hours.
“I have spoken with your Commanders, we are going to provide you with the equipment and weapons you need to end this war. We are also going to address the issue of overstaying in the theatre. No more issue of overstaying.”
- Terror As Boko Haram Insurgents Attack Dikwa LGA In Borno – Newspot
- Boko Haram Withdraws From Dikwa After Killing Five Soldiers
- Jihadists attack UN base in Borno, trapping 25 aid workers
- Nigerian Army Submit Suspected Drug Barons To NDLEA
- Those Behind Zamfara Schoolgirls’ Abduction Will Shock Nigerians – Matawalle